Minecraft: Builders & Biomes
As in the original Minecraft digital game, in Minecraft: Builders & Biomes players explore the Overworld, build structures, and mine resources, earning points for structures and the largest connected biomes of forest, desert, mountain, or snowy tundra spaces on their player boards.
Familiar foes like Endermen, Creepers, and other mobs also appear throughout the game, and they need to be defeated using weapons collected from the board. Defeating mobs earn players points in addition to granting additional awards. Game scoring occurs as the resource cube's layers are depleted. As soon as the third layer runs out, the adventure comes to an end, and the builder with the most points wins.
In more detail, on a turn you take two different actions from the following possibilities:
• Collect two blocks: At the start of the game, you set up a 4x4x4 cube of building blocks with 16 wood, 14 sand, 12 stone, 10 obsidian, and 12 emerald being placed together at random. When you collect a block, the top face and at least two other sides must be revealed.
• Move: Your character starts in the center of a 4x4 grid of tile stacks, with each stack holding four tiles. Weapon tiles are placed at the end of each column and row. Move 0-2 spaces between stacks, then reveal all adjacent tiles that are face down.
• Build: Discard blocks from your personal supply to match the building requirements on a tile next to your character. Place this tile on your personal 3x3 building board.
• Fight a mob: Choose a mob adjacent to your character, then reveal three tiles from your weapon stack, which starts with a stone sword, a wooden sword, and three poisonous potatoes. Tally the number of hearts revealed; if this sum is at least as large as the number of hearts on the mob, you defeat it. Remove it from the board, and place it next to your personal building board. Mobs might grant you an endgame scoring bonus, immediate points, or a one-shot bonus action.
• Collect a weapon: If your character is next to a weapon tile at the edge of the playing grid, you can shuffle it into your weapon stack.
Scoring takes place three times during the game, specifically after the final block is removed from the first, second, and third level of the building block cube. In the first round, you choose one of the four biomes (forest, desert, mountains, or snowy tundra) and score for the largest connected area of this biome on your personal building board. The board comes pre-printed with biome spaces, and as you place buildings on this board, you can alter the biome of a space. In the second round, you choose one of three materials (wood, sand, stone, or obsidian) and score for the largest connected group of structures on your personal building board that are made of this material. In the third round, you score for the largest contiguous group of structures (decoration, dwelling, animal house, or bridge) of your choice on your board. After scoring in the third round, tally bonus points from the mobs you've collected.
Customers have two options for receiving physical products purchased from our website. They may either be collected from the shop ('Click and Collect') at any point during our regular opening hours at no extra cost, or they can be delivered to a UK address ('Delivery') at an additional fixed cost. We are not offering delivery to addresses outside the UK at this time.
We use courier services to deliver on the next working day for orders placed before 12 noon, Monday to Friday. Orders placed before 12 noon will be dispatched on the same day, and should be delivered on the next working day. Orders placed after 12 noon will be dispatched on the following working day, orders placed on a Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday will be dispatched on Monday.
Our default delivery charge is currently £5.95, for parcels up to 10kg.
The 'UK Mainland' delivery charge covers Next Working Day tracked delivery by courier, with notification via phone or email, for UK addresses, excluding those on the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man, and the Scottish Highlands and Islands.
The 'UK Non-Mainland' delivery charge is for Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands. It is usually a 2 day tracked service.
Eclectic Games uses DPD as their preferred courier, but will substitute other services or carriers as required for the best combination of efficiency and cost effective, reliable service.
If you are not completely satisfied with your order, we guarantee to exchange any goods or refund the cost of the item, provided you contact us within 14 days of receiving your order.
Before returning unsatisfactory goods please contact us for a returns number.
PLEASE NOTE: Eclectic Games is not responsible for costs incurred in supplying or returning correctly supplied and undamaged goods, and we reserve the right to charge a handling fee of up to 25% of the value of the goods. We recommend that returned items are sent by Recorded Delivery (or an alternative trackable delivery option), as we cannot be held responsible for goods lost in transit. In the case of wrongly supplied or damaged goods we will refund your postage costs.
Eclectic Games reserves the right to alter or amend the specifications and/or prices of the products offered for sale, or withdraw them completely without prior notice.
Our Guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.