Rivendell! This setting supplement for The One Ring Roleplaying Game
will take your adventures West across the Misty Mountains to the Last
Homely House, expanding play into eastern Eriador, covering not only
Rivendell itself, but Angmar, Fornost, Mount Gram, Tharbad and
everywhere in between.
There are also rules for creating your own Magical Treasure; playing
Rangers of the North and High Elves of Rivendell; turning the baleful
Eye of Mordor on your company; and facing more powerful adversaries than
Rivendell is written by Francesco Nepitello, with additional
contributions from Amado Angulo, Shane Ivey, Andrew Kenrick, Marco
Maggi, Thomas Morwinsky and James M. Spahn. It is lavishly illustrated
by Jon Hodgson, Jan Pospíšil and Jeremy McHugh, with fantastic maps of
Eastern Eriador created by Paul Bourne.
This hardcover, 144-page, full-colour supplement includes:
· Background for the Last Homely House, the sanctuary of Rivendell
· Write-ups of the characters that might be encountered in Imladris,
from Elrond and Arwen to Glorfindel and the White Council.
· New Fellowship undertakings, including rules for composing your own
· A history of Arnor, Angmar and the Dúnedain.
· A region guide to Eastern Eriador, including the Barrow-downs, the
Trollshaws and Angmar.
· New adversaries to face, including Ettins, Hill-men of Rhudaur and the
toughest Troll of them all, the Queen of Castle Hill.
· A bestiary of different types of undead creatures, from Bog Soldiers
and Barrow-wights to the Lord of the Nazgûl himself, the Witch-king of
· Rules for powerful adversaries, allowing you to customise any monster
to provide a challenge for even the most heroic of adventurers.
· A set of optional rules, the Eye of Mordor, to track how much
attention the Enemy reserves for the company.
· Rules for adding Magical Treasure to your campaign, including dozens
of ready-made artefacts, some famous, others less so.
· Two new playable Heroic Cultures: the Rangers of the North and the
High Elves of Rivendell.