The Art of War is a supplement for Qin: The Warring States dedicated to
war, the military life and descriptions of the armies and martial
mentality of ancient China. In a world full of change and a permanent
state of war, it is essential to understand the wheels of the martial
policy of the Warring States combatants in order to take into account
this military dimension in the scenarios and campaigns which the Game
Master will run.
The armies are marching! The Warring States must prepare for war! The
unification of all that exists under the Heavens is on the horizon! What
part will the characters play in the coming conflicts? Where will they
stand on the battlefields during the conflicts that will decide the
future of ancient China?
The Art of War contains:
• A general overview of the military policies of The Warring States
combatants across all of its aspects (strategy, daily life of soldiers,
the use of machines of war, military history, organisation of the
armies, hierarchy, etc).
• Extensive descriptions of the armies of each State (elite forces,
strengths and weaknesses, personalities, etc).
• Rules allowing to manage battles in the course of play, whatever their
scale and manpower, and the impact that the characters can have at all
levels (from the middle of the fray, leading their own unit or as a
• Details to help the players immerse their characters in a military
• Rules for the Game Master to help construct military campaigns and
scenarios of explore this side of the world.
• Two complete scenarios utilising the rules herein.
• Lots of NPCs to use in your campaigns and scenarios.
And lots more – including new styles of combat, new weapons, legendary